International Sales Manager | Leading a team of 15 Sales Hunters | Amsterdam
- Are you looking for a sales management position?
- Do you have hands-on experience with new business?
- Can you lead this “wolf pack” to achieve their targets?
Let us know what you think of this challange!
International company | Join an educated multi-cultural team of professionals
If you ever wanted to work for a company based in Amsterdam and acts globally, this is your chance. With offices spread out through the world our client is helping their customers with developing themselves to the next level. In the Amsterdam office you will work with 300 colleagues, all with different nationalities. This way you will experience a multi-cultural working environment. Imagine working with people who moved to Amsterdam and will experience the Dutch customs each in their own way. Perhaps you might be in the same situation.
Our client has a business-to-consumer focus. Therefor all the sales professionals must have a customer service mentality. This is important to keep in mind as a sales manager and in the meantime the sales manager has to guide and manage the team in the best possible way in order to achieve their target. One of the sales manager has been promoted and therefor our client is looking for a sales manager.
International Sales Manager – Team of 15 multi-cultural account managers:
As a sales manager you will have to deal with the following challenge. Your team has to meet and preferably exceed their targets. However, you will be in a B2C environment. So you have to help your team to really understand their customer’s needs. They do this for several years and there for you can learn from your peer managers or develop new best practices. From time to time you will hold performance reviews. Eventually you will be involved in the interviewing and hiring process of new team members. You will be in a people business and that is why we are looking for a people manager. A people-manager, who:
- Demonstrates self-discipline, strong people skills
- Does not accept the status quo and takes initiative
- Has ability to solve problems, see the big picture, handle stress and influence
- Displays a positive spirit, understands people
- Takes accountability and makes changes
- Has integrity and values
- Has the ability to see what needs to be done next
- Is accepted as a leader by others
- Has the ability and desire to keep learning
- Has a manner that draws people
- Has a good self-image
- Has a willingness to serve others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build high performing teams through consistent and exemplary leadership
- Meet and exceed targets within the framework of overall company objectives
- Coach, mentor and help develop team members
- Work with other managers to develop best practices
- Perform and execute on-going written and verbal feedback and submit annual reviews for approval
- Help with the interviewing and hiring of new staff
- Help to develop new strategies for success for the department
- Work on assigned committees and teams within the organization
- Actively participate in projects
- Initiate and manage interdepartmental communication to effectively deliver on departmental and organizational objectives.
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge of market and competition to successfully differentiate and execute on strategy
What is Required for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree required or similar education, preferably in management.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a manager, preferably of a team of at least six employees
- At least 3 years of sales experience with evidence of a proven track record achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and CRM systems experience, preferably Salesforce.com
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent presentation skills
- Excellent self-motivation, organization and time management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Written and verbal English proficiency
- Good feeling for multicultural background is required
What is offered:
- You will be working within an international company with colleagues from all over
- €50.000,- / €52.000,- plus a bonus of 20%
- Team and individual incentives
- The possibility to share your sales and management experience
- Manage the current team and the new hires
- Lots of room for self-development